Monday, November 7, 2011

Read the Book of Mormon in 100 Days

Our first family scripture study goal will be to read the Book of Mormon. Here is the link, http://www.theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=319, to the program we will be using. It has the assigned reading for the day, as well as a quote, and a thought question to ponder on. The study of the Book of Mormon comes with great promises that can be ours.

"I feel certain that if in our homes parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope and charity-the pure love of Christ- will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake, peace, joy, and happiness"          
                                                     President Marion G. Romney
If we all begin this month (Nov. 2011), it will take us into February, 2012.  Please let us know from time to time how you are all doing in your reading scripture goals. If you have learned something new or understand a principal differently or better, please share.  It will certainly help the rest of us too. I am excited to be doing this with all of you and look forward to the growth our family will experience as we make the scriptures a meaningful part of our lives.
                            "You have not failed until you quit trying"  
                                                                                          Gordon B, Hinckley

Watch this video.

2 comments:

  1. I loved what Elder Holland said. It makes me think of how I don't do enough to testify of the Book of Mormon to others who don't know. I want to make a goal of giving out atleast one Book of Mormon before the end of the year with my testimony in it, and with me saying it as I give it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You canʻt watch this video and not feel the power of Elder Hollands words stir within you. It has increased my own testimony. Joseph and so many more sacrificed their lives for the Book of Mormon and the church, for us in these latter days. I am so grateful for them and the legacy they have left behind. Am I doing enough? sacrificing enough? sharing enough? No! Not even close. I canʻt help but wonder what all these people that gave so much must think of me? They sealed their testimonies with their blood. The least I can do is not leave this book that they died for, on the shelf collecting dust! I need to do more NOW!!

    ReplyDelete