Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A HUI HOU

                                            Uncle Aiva and Aunty Nei together again <3

To Our Filiaga and Malufau ‘Ohana,

Our love and prayers are with all of you at the passing of your beloved father, grandfather and our uncle. We will miss him for a time but, we know that he is now with his eternal companion on the other side of the veil and is so happy to be free from the pains of his mortal body and this frail existence. You have all worked very hard to care for your parents/grandparents in their darkest hours of need, giving of yourselves unselfishly. You have all been a great example to the rest of us, as we have watched you work and serve your parents so diligently. Here is a poem that reminded me of all of you.......


I Have Not Gone

You think I've gone, that I am dead, and life has lost its will,
But look around, I am right there, living with you still
I watch your tears, I feel your pain - I see the things you do
I weep as well, each time you cry, my soul, it lives with you
 
It gives such joy to hear you laugh, and do the things you do
And when you smile o'er by gone days, I smile right with you too
For we're still one, just you and me, one mind, one soul, one being
Walking forward into life, though only you are seen
 
And in the stillness of the night, when the pain it really starts
Stretch out a little with your mind and draw me to your heart
For I am always right in there, always by your side
For you have been, all my life's days, my joy, my love my pride.
Author unknown 

Never forget how special you all are to your parents/grandparents. You certainly all are their joy, love and pride. They will continue to be with you and watch over you, for you are their greatest treasure. Remember, they can do more for the family on the other side of the veil than they were ever able to do here. Last of all, your parents/grandparents will tell you this one day for themselves but, until then they would want me to tell you "THANK YOU" from the bottom of their hearts for being their doctor, nurse, pharmacist, chauffeur and more.....you have all made them so happy and proud:)

May the words of this song bring all of you great comfort..............Love Dino

The song sung at President Gordon B. Hinckley’s funeral entitled “What Is This Thing That Men Call Death” was indeed a poem written by the prophet. Nobody knows when he wrote it, but when Janice Kapp Perry’s niece was fighting cancer, she asked permission from President Hinckley to print the poem on her funeral program. She received a nice letter from the prophet’s secretary saying she was welcome to do so and he told her he would remember her in his prayers. She then asked her aunt to set the poem to music and when that was done, Janice sent a copy to President Hinckley’s office for approval. 
He died soon after, but it seemed the poem and the music was not meant to go with him to the next life but to stay here on earth to comfort many more souls. 

What is this thing that men call death?
What is this thing that men call death?
This quiet passing in the night?
ʻTis not the end but genesis
Of better worlds and greater light

O God, touch Thou my aching heart
And calm my troubled, haunting fears
Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure
Give strength and peace beyond my tears.

There is no death, but only change
With recompense for vicʻtry won
The gift of Him who loved all men
The Son of God, the Holy One.

Please post your thoughts, feelings, and fondest memories or stories of Uncle Aiva:


I miss Uncle Aiva so much and I hope the family love him. I know you miss him. 
Ava 


What I remember about Uncle Aiva was that when he and my dad would see each other they would call out and greet one another with, "Makasipi", and crack up. I never knew what that meant until I finally asked my dad about it the other day. He laughed and said that it meant cockeye . I knew by the way they always got a kick out of it that it must be something funny;)    
Dino

Whenever we came over to Oahu to visit, I remember Uncle always dressed nicely in his aloha shirt and slacks.   As soon as he would see us, he would always offer juice, the meadow gold carton juice in grape, orange, or fruit punch, and food.  We would never go hungry there at the Aiea house.  Even now, whenever I see that carton of juice in the store or anywhere, I always think of Uncle Aiva.
Lohi


I remember whenever  we would visit or stay at uncleʻs house he would always come out of the room with his lavalava on.  He would give us hugs and then ask if we wanted something to eat. If there wasnʻt anything to eat he would always order pizza. After dinner there was always the good ice cream for eat (Haagen Dazs). I always remember the goodies Uncle would bring home and leave all over the table. My favorite was the twinkies.
Kana











                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment